When does the Marketo API make calls?
The Marketo API will make calls under the following circumstances:
- Retrieval of the lists in the lead database, to be displayed in form mapping UI.
- Retrieval of the column (field) names of leads, to be displayed in form field mapping UI.
- Creation of a lead when a Marketo-mapped form is submitted.
- Retrieval of a lead for personalization (using Visitor Groups) and form auto-fill purposes.
- Triggering a campaign, if desired, when a lead is created upon form submissions.