Below are steps to troubleshoot the following mirroring error:
Mirroring state: Failure during page package transfer
The following errors occured:
The type initializer for 'EPiServer.MirroringService.Common.RemoteEventsHandler' threw an exception.
- Verify that the assembly bindings in the mirroring site's web.config match the bindings versions of site it belongs to.
- Verify the .dll files in the mirroring site match those of the site it belongs to.
- Recycle the application pools of the mirroring sites.
- Copy the episerverlog.config from the CMS site to the mirroring site folder and change the log levels to DEBUG.
- Load the source, target, and their respective mirroring sites in a browser.
- On the source site in the CMS go into Admin > Config > Mirroring, click on the job you are trying to run and click Check System.
- Check the messages tab for errors.
- Check the mirroringservice\appdata\ folder(or where ever you stored the logs) of the source and target sites for more detailed logging.