When trying to Sync, you may come across an error in the profiler trace logs that resembles the following:
ERROR , Ektron.ASM.EktronServices40, 23, 10/10/2017 10:19:32:647, Caught exception while getting changes: Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.DbSyncException: Cannot enumerate changes at the RelationalSyncProvider for table 'content'. Check the inner exception for any store-specific errors. ---> Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.DbSyncException: The row of size 81876KB from table 'content' cannot fit within the specified batch size of 32000KB. Row ID values: content_id = 45, content_language = 1033. Consider increasing the value of RelationalSyncProvider.MemoryDataCacheSize for the source and destination providers.
The key to the cause is:
The row of size 81876KB from table 'content' cannot fit within the specified batch size of 32000KB. Row ID values: content_id = 45, content_language = 1033.
This is stating that a particular piece of content, in this case content_id 45 with a language of 1033, is too big for the memory settings you have configured.
There are two options:
- The preferred resolution is to examine the content listed to see if it can be shrunk - for example, if it's one piece of content that can be broken up into smaller parts. Making it smaller will allow it to fit the memory settings.
- Follow these steps to increase the memory available for it though you'll want to make it large enough to handle that size:
In 9.X the memory settings for sync were changed to change the transaction size. It will send smaller chunks of information over a longer period of time. This can be changed in the workarea by going to Settings>Configuration>Sync Folder>Settings. (Note: The memory sizes stated below are only examples and should be set to be large enough for what is stated in the error as being the size of the item, in this case 82000KB is close enough to the stated 81876KB)
· Maximum configured memory for an eSync session (kb): 82000
· Application transaction size: 82000
· update sync_settings set application_tran_size=82000, memory_data_cache_size=82000