Library items are not showing within search results of the Ektron CMS, but DMS documents are returning without issues.
This is actually an expected functionality of the library items. DMS documents were developed later than library assets within the Ektron product line, and function more like content does. For more information on the difference between assets types please see the DMS vs Library: What's the difference? KB article. Bellow is also an excerpt from the documentation on key features of DMS assets.
- can be stored in folders with other content, or in separate folders that you create just for them
- are assigned content IDs
- can have summary, metadata, comment, task, schedule, and taxonomy information
- inherit permissions and workflow from their folder properties
- progress through the workflow process (check out, check in, publish)
- retain a history so you can restore earlier versions
- can be searched
- support foreign language editions
- can have a task assigned to them
- appear on content reports
- update the Smart Desktop listing of files awaiting approval, checked out, to expire, and so on