This KB article shows you how to create or translate a non-English custom user property in another language.
When you want to create a custom user property in a non-English language, you must first create it in English then translate it to the desired language. This is done by editing the property, changing languages, filling out the Translate Custom Property Label screen and saving the property.
WARNING! All custom user properties in languages other than English are tied to the English version of the property. If you delete the English version of the property, all other language versions of the properties are deleted also. However, you can remove a non-English language version of the custom properties without deleting the English version.
To translate the Title/Label of a property into French.
- Go to Workarea > Settings > Configuration > Custom Properties to display the View User Custom Properties screen.
- From the Object Type pulldown, select User .
- Choose a custom property to be defined in another language.
- Choose a language from the language select drop-down box. The Translate Custom Property Label screen appears.
- Enter a Label for the property in the language you have chosen. For example, if you are creating a French version of a Birthday custom user property, you would enter
in the label text field.
NOTE: You cannot call the property certain names, for example "Time Zone." If you require that the Custom property is called "Time Zone," you can create it with a different name and then edit it again and you should be able to then call it "Time Zone" because it would be saved in a different language.
- Click Save .