To troubleshoot some issues, support may request that you change your logging level in the web.config to trap extra errors that may be occurring on your website. Below is a list of the various levels and how to change the logging level.
The log level key is changed in the web.config file for the website
- Open the web.config file in the site root
- Search for the following key
- Change the key to one of the following values below.
1 = Error: Only Errors are logged.
2 = Warning: Only warnings and Errors are logged.
3 = Information: Only Informationals, Warnings, and Errors are logged.
4 = Verbose: Everything is logged.
- Perform the tests on your website and send the information to support.
- When finished, it is best to change this key back to 1 so your logs do not grow large and performance is not impacted.