A query is run to pull up PDFs, but the assets do not appear in search results.
This can also be an issue found in the Asset Transfer logs, that show an 'Host: Unknown' response. :\Program Files (x86)\Ektron\Search2.0\Asset Transfer Client - Asset Transfer Logs
Or, the host name is found, but there is an "Error during content extraction" for a PDF file:
Manifold encounters errors when crawling assets (PDFs) such as the following:
ERROR - 2015-12-07 16:17:33.715; extractors.AssetExtractor; (Worker thread '1') - Could not retrieve Asset:
Solr cannot pull over the assets completely. This may be manifested in these symptoms.
- Metadata/Taxonomies do not show up in search results, but the PDF with which they are associated do show up
- PDFs do not appear in search results.
These steps should help resolve this issue:
- Review the AssetTransfer logs on the Solr server. It'll say “Host Not found” repeatedly, or "Error during content extraction!"
- Check the AssetServerTable for erroneous entries. Remove extra entries as needed.
- Add a host file entry on the Solr server to point to the CMS server's machine name and IP Address.
- Ensure the Ektron Asset Transfer Server service on the Solr server is started.
- Ensure the Ektron Asset Transfer Client service on the CMS server is started.