This article explains how to apply search update 1 for 9.0SP2.
Perform these steps on your search server.
- To apply the new search dll's and EktronPHFileHelperService.exe, stop the following services.
- Ektron ProtocolHandler File HelperService
- SharePoint Server Search 14
- Go to C:\Windows\System32. Back up and rename the DotNETBridge.dll and DatabaseProtocolHandler.dll files.
- Add the updated dll's from the CU under the System32 folder.
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Ektron\CMS400v90\Utilities\SearchServer\install, and back up and rename the existing EktronPHFileHelperService.exe.
- Add the new EktronPHFileHelperService.exe provided in the update and restart all the services.
- Request a full crawl from the workarea.
- Monitor the crawl on the search server by going to the SharePoint Central Admin page>Manage Service Application in blue under Application Management>Search Service Application in blue>Content Sources under Crawling on the left side>Crawl Log>Crawl History.
- Check to see if search is performing as expected. If you have additional questions or search is not working as expected, please contact Ektron Support.