By default, Solr does not ingest MP4 files; additionally, when an MP4 asset is encountered during a crawl, Solr will throw an exception and the crawl will stop. The work around for this is to mark the MP4 assets as not searchable.
A library can be added to Solr that includes the MP4 injester which will assist with the processing of some multimedia files. Use the steps below to add the file.
- Go to http://www.java2s.com/Code/Jar/a/Downloadaspectjrt1611jar.htm.
- Locate the name aspectjrt/aspectjrt-1.6.11.jar.zip( 97 k) (located just above the header: Related examples in the same category
- Click on the link to download the file.
- Extract the file to the following location on the Solr Server (your location may differ): D:\Program Files (x86)\Ektron\Search2.0\Solr\libraries\contrib\extraction\lib
- Stop the Ektron Solr Process Manager 2.0.
- After all the Java processes stop, restart the Ektron Solr Process Manager 2.0 service.
- From the workarea, go to Settings, Configuration/Search/Node Status then launch a full crawl.