The time has come to migrate your environment to a different server but you're not entirely sure how to pull that off successfully.
- Install the CMS base on the new server.
Access the download file from the Customer Portal via the downloads page.
- If you need a download link for a version older than 8.02SP5, contact Ektron Support.
- If you need step-by-step instructions on how to install the CMS base, choose the documentation relevant to your version.
- Setup a min site on the new server.
How to Create a Min Site
When you run the base installer, make sure to select Full Installation and let it run through the process to set up a new min site.
- If your site had cumulative site updates applied you will need to apply these again to the min site.
- Ensure that the web.config's wspath is correct.
- After the min site is installed, copy your files only (DO NOT copy the web.config, bin directory, workarea or any other file/directory installed by the CMS site setup) from the old server to the new server. You may have your custom files in bin, widgets, app_code and other directories which need to be copied.
Tip: Use beyond compare, winmerge or another utility to ensure all of your custom files are moved over.
- Copy the following directories in the root of your site from the old server to the new one: UploadedFiles, UploadedImages, Assets, PrivateAssets.
- Copy the AssetLibrary folder from your old server to the new one. You can find the location of this file in the Workarea > Settings > Configuration > Asset Server Setup. Look for Storage Location, which points to the location of the assetlibrary on your system. Move this to the same location on your new server.
NOTE:Only perform Step 8 if you are running a version prior to version 8.5, where the index search is still being used. Environments that use Search Server, FAST, or Solr should not complete step 8.
- On the new server, run SearchConfigUI ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Ektron\CMS400v80\Utilities\SOFTWARE\SearchConfig\SearchConfigUI.exe ) to create new search catalogs on the server.
If you have any questions or concerns before going through this process, contact Ektron Support.