In some cases you may want to implement integrated security with eSync for security concerns. Here are the steps to do that.
1) Set integrated security from 0 to 1 in the file Ektron.ASM.EktronServices40.exe.config (located in program files(x86)/Ektron/Ektron Windows Service 40).
2) Do the same for the web.config.
3) Run the following utility as an administrator:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Ektron\CMS400v91\Utilities\SecurityConfig\SecurityConfiguratorIntegrated\SecurityConfiguratorIntegrated.exe
4) Generate and apply security certificates in the same way you would for regular security certificates.
5) Set the Ektron Windows Services 4.0 service's 'log on as' user to the Integrated Security user.
6) Give that same user full control in the permissions of your Ektron Windows Service folder(C:\Program Files (x86)\Ektron\EktronWindowsService40).