What is the Ektron L4 log in the Event Viewer Application and Services Logs used for?
The Ektron L4 log is a good log to check if you're attempting the following:
- Want to know if the Ektron Windows Service is started
- Knowing when syncs have completed.
- Generating certificates and the site, or multiple sites, don't appear the site dropdown
- Attempting to register a site with Solr or Microsoft Search and receiving an error regarding the Ektron Windows Service or 8732
- Receiving an error message that the Ektron Windows Service is not available
Note: You do not need to increase the Ektron Windows Service logging to receive errors in the Ektron L4 log. That logging is used for troubleshooting eSync, with logs located:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Ektron\EktronWindowsService40\log