You've changed the server's host-name, re-installed the Ektron Windows Service, or just need to start fresh. Here is the process for completely removing eSync certificates.
- In the Web.config, remove the hashed portion from the 'encodedValue' key.
<add key="encodedvalue" value="3232498374987OIENNVIOEJWOIJFNIOJNIEFOJWEFJWOIE1234512" />
<add key="encodedvalue" value="" />
In the Ektron.ASM.EktronServices40.exe.config, delete the entire encodedValue key just as you did in the web.config.
- In the same file delete any references to the certificates. These references usually have the name of the servers you are syncing from and to. See the following screenshot show
3. In the EktronWindowsService40 folder, delete the certificates [*.cer, *.pfx, and *.pvk]:
4. Do the same in site-root.
5. And again in the Security Configurator folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Ektron\CMS400v9x\Utilities\SecurityConfig\SecurityConfigurator):
6. Repeat for each site/server in the relationship. Once complete, you should be able to generate wholly new certs on each machine and exchange them normally. When generating the new certificates choose the 'discard existing keys' option.