In the Workarea, when trying to add a DXH inbound connection, an error occurs stating
unable to connect to adapter
When reviewing the DXH logs or errors in the event viewer one would see the following error:
Communication error: EKConnector.TestConnection failed: EktronProxy could not login to Ektron: The HTTP request was forbidden with client authentication scheme 'Anonymous'
There are a few reasons why this error message occurs:
- Incorrect username or password
- User account is not an Admin level account
- Incorrect CMS URL
- IP restrictions
To correct this problem:
- Verify that the username and password is correct
- Make sure the account being used to create the connection is an Admin level account
- Navigate to the Ektron Web Server and give access to its external IP address. For more information on adding and allow IP addresses to the Ektron Web Server click here.