Some may experience issues with importing SharePoint content to Ektron. There are a few reasons why this behavior can occur:
- The SharePoint user associated to the SharePoint Connector is not an Admin level account
- The Ektron user associated to the Inbound Connector is not an admin level account.
- The CMS user does not have full permissions to add content to a Folder
- DXH cannot successfully connect to the endpoint address configured in the SharePoint Site's Web.Config
- Mix-mode authentication is enabled in SharePoint in older versions of DXH
- Ektron Web Services are blocked due to IP restrictions
There are some steps the can be taken to avoid running into this issue:
- Make sure the DXH version is up to date as there were some known issues that were fixed surrounding SharePoint: Portal.Ektron.com/Downloads, DXH Updates: Release Notes
- Use an admin level account when setting up an DXH Inbound connector and SharePoint Connector
- Make sure that the CMS user has the permissions to add content on the Folder level.
- Verify the Ektron Web Services can be connected to successfully. For more information on how to troubleshoot web service connectivity issues click here.
- DXH uses Port 8080 to communicate to SharePoint, make sure that this port is not blocked by the server firewall. For more information on how to open a port in Windows Firewall click here.
- Verify that the bindings have been added to the SharePoint Web Applications top-level Web.Config. For more information on setting up the SharePoint Connector please review the following documentation: Ektron Documentation: Setting Up the Digital Experience Hub