How to migrate a database to a new SQL server.
- Backup the source database.
- Copy, then restore the source backup onto the destination SQL Server.
- Ensure the SQL account for the connection has the necessary role memberships (minimally: db_datareader, db_datawriter, db_ddladmin, and db_executor).
- Update the the web server's web.config connectionString so it points to the restored database. Update server information/SQL user as necessary.
- Restart the EktronWindowService so the necessary sync files are updated.