Sometimes content is published with the wrong template link associated with it. Generally this happens when the folder properties do not include the template that is needed at the time of publishing and the wrong "default" template is selected.
Modifying the template link location can be done fairly easily by performing the following steps.
- Login to the workarea and navigate to the library tab
- In the folder tree, find the content item's folder you want to update.
- On the right hand side, change the library type dropdown from Images to Quicklink
- From here you can either update the quicklink individually by clicking on the item or you can click on the update quicklink button.
- If you click on the link, you will be presented with an edit button.
- After clicking edit, you should see a textbox to modify the link.
- If you click on the update quicklink button it will bring you to a page that allows you to update multiple quicklinks at once.
- On the screen below you can do an update on multiple quicklinks. In this case it would modify anything that had cmslogin.aspx to newtemplatename.aspx
- Once you have updated the quicklink(s) the change should take place immediately within the workarea but may take some time to display on the frontend of the website if your site implements caching.