To correct certain workarea issues, support may ask you to replace your workarea and/or bin folder with the Ektron base versions. This is a normal and typical step taken to help correct odd workarea behaviors.
This article will help you walk through the steps to successfully replace both folders.
workarea and bin
- Navigate to your site root folder. This is the place where the site files were initially installed to. While everyone tends to be different, the default location is typically here: C:\inetpub\wwwroot
- Make a backup copy of the site's workarea folder. We recommend doing this just in case something doesn't work quite right and you need to revert back.
- Navigate to the Ektron base install folder for your specific version which is typically located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ektron\CMS400vXX.
- Copy the 'workarea' folder located in here
- Navigate back to your site root folder and paste that here so it essentially replaces the old one.
- If you want, you can also recycle the application pool to help remove caching.
- Make sure you log out and back in to your site before testing to see if the issue persists. This will allow the CMS to recompile the workarea again with the new information.
NOTE: The process is identical for the bin folder, so once the workarea is complete, go ahead and run through the steps again, this time for the bin folder.
* If you have applied any site cumulative updates or security updates you will have to reapply them.