When using the Membership server control in Reset Password mode, a membership user who clicks the reset button to reset his or her password sees this message:
"Your password has been reset. If E-Mail notification is enabled in your CMS400.Net General Settings screen, an email will be sent to you. If E-Mail notification is not enabled in your system, please contact your system administrator."
This article explains how to change this message.
1) Copy Microsoft's resgen.exe tool to your site's resources folder.
Resgen.exe file location : "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\bin" or "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.0A\Bin\NETFX 4.0 Tools"
Ektron site Resources folder path : [yourSiteRoot]\Workarea\resources
2) Make a backup of the Ektron site resources folder.
3) Run the command prompt as an admin and point it to your site root resources folder.
4) Run the following command:
resgen.exe EkResource.en-US.resources new_resource.txt
This command converts the .resources file to a .txt file.
5) Open the .txt file in notepad and find
6) Change the message to the desired text.
7) Run the following command, which translates the .txt file back to a resources file.
resgen.exe new_resource.txt EkResource.en-US.resources
8) Retest the password reset function to ensure that the correct message appears.