Often, Internet Explorer is the only browser available on your webserver. On Server 2008 or Server 2012, IE's default setting is Enhanced Security. This setting impacts some workarea functionality.
If content and library folder trees do not expand in the Workarea, disable IE 's Enhanced Security (ESC) on your server.
- Log in to Windows Server 2008 or 2012 as an Administrator.
- Access Server Manager from the Start Menu or taskbar.
- In the left Window pane, click Server Manager(Server Name).
- In Server 2008, options to Configure IE ESC appear in the right pane under Security Information.
- In Server 2012, enter Local Server. IE Enhanced Security Configuration appears on the right.
- Click Configure IE ESC, where you can disable Enhanced Security for Administrators or Users.
If other users will browse from the server, it's recommended that you disable ESC only as needed.