A user's account is locked, or a user's password needs to be manually updated.
Too many login attempts can lock a user's account.
Note: If AD (Active Directory) is used on the site, the password is updated through AD as opposed to the Workarea. The account would be unlocked using the same steps.
If AD is not used on the site, follow these steps.
- Log into the site with an account that either is a site administrator or has the user admin role.
- Navigate to Settings > Users for CMS users and Settings > Community Management > Memberships > Users for membership users.
- Click the user account that is either locked or needs a password update.
- Click edit.
- If the account is locked, uncheck the locked field.
If the password needs to be updated, enter the new password into the password and confirm password fields.
- Click update to finalize changes.