New content is returned in search results. This can happen with Solr or Microsoft Search, and is sometimes accompanied by an infinite crawl.
Key points to check:
- Is the content folder set to searchable in the Folder Properties?
- Is the content set to be searchable in the Content Properties?
- Is there a crawl that has not ended in several hours, or even days?
If an infinite crawl is occurring, you should stop it first by restarting the necessary services.
- Ektron Solr Process Manager Service
- Ektron Solr Admin Service
- Ektron Asset Transfer Client
For Microsoft Search:
- Ektron Search Server Service
- Microsoft Search Server 14
After you stop the crawl, it is recommended to re-register the site reporting the issue. This action deletes and re-creates the index. This is necessary because the index may have become corrupt.