This article discusses how to index and search within certain fields in smartforms.
To index a Smart Form field, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Configuration > Smartform Configuration.
- Click the data design button of the Smart Form in question.
- Right click the field you want to index.
- Click Field Properties. The top right corner has an Indexed check box.
- Check the box for the field to be indexed, or un-check to have it not indexed.
- Click Update.
- Click UPDATE a second time on the next screen which shows the XPaths. If you do not update the second screen it will not work.
When searching within a smart form, you need to specify the field name, such as: ebi: keyword.
For example, the field's name is "dog" and the keyword being used is "black". The Workarea search needs the following phrase in the search box: ebidog: black