When an 8.5 search server is upgraded to 8.6 (using EktronSearchConfiguration.exe), assets may not be transferred to the search server for indexing during a crawl.
The search server App event log may show the following entry:
EktronPHFileHelperService error: 0
CRequest::ReadHeader EktronPHFileHelperService error: 0
An end element was expected. EktronPHFileHelperService error: 0
A start element with the name 'StorageType' and
namespace 'http://tempuri.org/FileRep' was found, but not expected.
The reason is that the Ektron ProtocolHandler File HelperService is pointing to the 8.5 folder.
Use the steps below to change to the 8.6 Protocol Handler.
- Log in to the search server.
- Go to Services and stop the Ektron ProtocolHandler File HelperService.
- Using Windows Explorer, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Ektron\CMS400v85\Utilities\CMS Uninstaller and launch (Run as an administrator) CompleteUninstall.exe
- Uncheck all checkboxes (Remove Website and Remove Websites Database)
- Place a check in the Remove Ektron Search Server Files and Services checkbox.
- Click Uninstall. When complete, the CMS files have been uninstalled message appears. Close the CMS Uninstaller
- Install the Ektron components by running (as an administrator) EktronSearchConfiguration.exe
- When prompted, enter the search administrator domain and account, and type of search provider
- After the EktronSearchConfiguration completes, run the Ektron Search Configuration Utility to register the CMS site with the search server.