After entering our recently issued license keys we are receiving a license violation error.
"A license violation has occurred"
Typically, log in errors like this can be related to the license cache not updating as it should.
Before running through the steps, please ensure that your license key is for the appropriate CMS version and the URL matches the URL of your site. If anything is off, please contact the license department via firstname.lastname@example.org.
If everything matches perfectly, please follow the below steps to refresh the license cache.
1. Cut all license keys from the license key field and paste them into a text file.
2. Remove any line breaks or spaces from the license keys.
3. Separate all license keys with a comma (,) and no spacing.
4. Save the workarea without any license keys entered in the license key field to clear the cache.
5. Recycle the Application Pool
6. Edit the setup again and paste the license keys into the license key field.
7. Save the workarea and re-evaluate the login functionality.
If the issue persists after, please reach out to the support team for additional troubleshooting.