If you were advised to install a cumulative update (CU) as part of the support process, follow the steps and precautions in the Solution.
NOTE: CUs have 3 categories in the downloads section of the Ektron portal, including Site Updates, Service Updates, and Server and Utility Updates. For information about the CUs, see SP CU and Hotfix Info .
If a CU was released for your CMS version, you should take the following precautions.
- Create a backup of your database - this preserves the integrity of your database if an issue arises during the upgrade.
- Create a backup of the site files.
- Please make note of any customization you have made to the file [site] \App_Code\CSCode\HttpModules\SecurityModule.cs as changes will be wiped out. Click here for more information.
- Apply the CU to each CMS server and upgrade each site that is part of an eSync relationship. It is imperative that all servers and sites are on the same version or it could negatively impact your database integrity.
- If you are using Ektron Multisite, upgrade all sites and servers in an Ektron Multisite environment. If you are installing a service CU, you only need to install it once per server because the Ektron Windows Service 40 folder is global to all sites (versions 8.50 and higher) on the server.
To install CUs on sites:
NOTE: You must be logged into to access the links in these steps.
- Using the link provided by Ektron support, download the cumulative update.
The download page is located here: Downloads
Links to the actual download files are to the left.
You can review Release Notes here: http://documentation.ektron.com/current/ReleaseNotes/ReleaseNotes_WebHelp.htm
- Copy the cumulative update to the server that hosts your site.
- Run the .exe by right clicking on it and selecting Run as administrator.
- You see a message: The patch update will be stopping/starting the website in IIS. There is also an update to the site database. Would you like to proceed? If that is okay, select Yes, then select the site to which you want to apply the CU.
- When prompted for the Host value, pick the server name. If this is not correct for your environment or you are unsure, ask your system administrator or Web master for assistance.
- Let the update run until completion.
- Complete these steps for each site in a multisite environment.
If you receive this error There is already an object named (object name) in the database, see the KB article here.
If you encounter other difficulties, call or email Ektron Support.