When attempting to create a sync relationship to another server you encounter the following error:
No viable CMS sites were found on the remote server specified. Please check the remote server and try again. Possible causes include:
- The remote server could not be found
- There are no CMS site(s) installed on the remote server.
- The Ektron Windows Services 4.0 is not running on the remote server.
- The local and remote server's clocks are not synchronized.
To begin troubleshooting follow the below steps:
Remote Server could not be found:
- Add a host file entry on your local server to point to the remote server's host name (typically the machine name) and IP Address. Host file location: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
- Is the 8732 port open bidirectionally between both servers? You can check this by opening a command prompt as an admin and performing a telnet command:
telnet machinename 8732
A black screen will appear immediately after entering the command if it worked.
No CMS Sites found:
- Check the following items:
- Do the sites on the remote server load in a web browser?
- Verify wspath values for all of the remote Ektron sites are correct
- Do the site's show up correctly in the sitedb.config file on the remote server?
:\Program Files (x86)\Ektron\EktronWindowsService40
- Encoded values between the remote sites and Ektron Windows Service config file.
- Ensure for matching values as well as checking for blank 'add key' values in the Ektron Window Service config file's.
The Ektron Window Services 4.0 is not running:
- Is the Ektron Window Service started? (KB)
Check to ensure that the remote and local server clocks are within 5 minutes of each other, as well as the time zones matching between the two boxes.