Esync errors out with Root Element is missing
You may also see the following errors.
System.IO.IOException: The device is not ready.
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
The most common cause of this issue is that the hard drive partition has run out of hard drive space. This causes the serverinfo.xml or serverinfo85.xml file to end up blank as there is no more hard drive space to save updates to either file.
If there are syntax issues other errors may result like "The device is not ready" or "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
To fix this problem, insert 3 lines in the serverinfo.xml or serverinfo85.xml file. Follow these steps.
1. Clean up hard drive space until you have free space equal to 2.5 times the size of your assets folder.
2. Go to the drive partition to which your website is installed. For example, C:\inetpub\wwwroot\v91a or D:\inetpub\wwwroot\v91a.
3. In that drive, partition C:\ or D:\ so there will be a folder named sync. For example, D:\sync, E:\sync, or C:\sync.
4. Open that folder.
5. If your Ektron version is less than 8.5, look for the serverinfo.xml. If your Ektron version is 8.5 or higher, look for serverinfo85.xml.
6. Back up the *.xml file in another folder.
7. Open the appropriate *.xml file. If the file is blank, add the following lines below and save.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <SyncServerInfoList> </SyncServerInfoList>
8. Run the sync.