When using a resource selector in a Smartform, you may recieve the following error when adding/editing the selected content or folder item
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
The root content folder doesn't have a default template selected.
In order to fix the issue, please follow the steps below
- Navigate to the root folder in the workarea ("Folders")
- Edit the folder properties
- In the template configuration, you may notice either no template or no template marked as the "default template." If you see either of these, add a template and mark one of the templates as the default
- Test the resource selector again
- If the above steps do not resolve the issue, please contact support.