This is a tutorial on how to use the ConsoleServiceHost.exe utility to troubleshoot issues with the DXH.
The ConsoleServiceHost is a tool that simulates the Ektron Contextbus Service Host service and can be used to capture additional logging details on the communications between Ektron, DXH, SharePoint, and other Enterprise Applications such as SalesForce. This tool will not only capture general logging information but will also capture any error message that can occur in detail.
Before running the ConsoleServiceHost application:
- To open Services, click Start, click Control Panel, double-click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Services.
- Navigate to the Ektron Contextbus Service Host, right-click and Stop the service
To run the ConsoleServiceHost application:
- Navigate to the following file path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ektron\DigitalxHub\ContextBusServiceHost
- Right-click on the ConsoleServiceHost application and run as Administrator
- After running the application, the following Command Window will open and logging will begin:
- Next repeat the steps to replicate the issue that is occurring. Review the error logs generated in the ConsoleServiceHost.
Instructions on how to enable verbose logging click here