By default, you can import to Ektron SharePoint only files whose type is defined in the Ektron Workarea's Asset Server Setup screen.
This article explains how to:
- identify file types that are not imported from SharePoint, even if selected for import
- expand Ektron's list of supported file types
After you import SharePoint files to Ektron, some files do not appear in the Ektron folder after a reasonable time has passed. When viewing the DxH Error Log, you see this error
SaveAssetObjectInstance: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Error adding an asset:This file type is not supported by CMS400.Netat EKSharePoint.EKSharePointService.AddAsset(String title, String filename, Int64folderId, Int32 languageId, Int64 externalTypeid, Byte filestream)
Ektron does not support the selected file types.
To expand the list of Ektron-supported file types:
- Log into the Ektron Workarea as an administrator.
- Settings > Configuration > Asset Server Setup.
- Click the Edit button next to File Types.
- Add file types to the list in this format: *.filetype, For example: *.bmp,