If you upgraded Search Server 2010 to have a newer Sharepoint version(such as a later service pack) you may receive the following error.
"Databases require upgrade or not supported."
- Login with the search user used to install Search Server 2010. Typically this is the user on the Ektron Search Server Service.
- Startup the sharepoint powershell window.
Start -> All Programs -> Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Products -> Sharepoint 2010 Management Shell
- Run the following command
psconfig.exe -cmd upgrade -inplace b2b -wait
If you get this error then you are most likely not logged in with the search user.
The local farm is not accessible. Cmdlets with FeatureDependencyId are not registered.
- Run the products configuration wizard.
Start -> All Programs -> Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Products ->SharePoint 2010 Products Configuration
- If you are still seeing the error check out the logs.
%ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\LOGS
- See the following posts.
- Finally if nothing works contact Microsoft support for assistance.