Episerver Reach allows you to prevent certain products from appearing in recommendations in emails. This can be achieved by using Expressions in the campaign configuration in the Personalization Portal. If you are not yet familiar with how to create and configure a Mail campaign, please read this article.
Before starting you will need to know the product code(s) of the product(s) you wish to exclude. You will need to create a product set containing these product codes.
Product sets can be created in the Personalization Portal and used if you want to group products together and reference them for rules to:
- Exclude this group of products from recommendations
- Recommend only products from this group of products
To create a product set and apply the exclusion rule, follow the steps below:
- Log in the Personalization Portal.
- Click on Mail > Product sets from the navigation.
- Click on "Create a product set"
- Enter a meaningful name for the product set in the "Name" field, which will allow you to recognize it later.
Click in the "Products" field and start adding your chosen products. You can either enter a product code or a product title. Note that product codes must be the same as passed to us in the Episerver Personalization product feed. Matching products will be displayed below the search field and you can click on a result to add it to the product set. You can add up to 200 products in a product set.
Another option to add products to the product set is to use a CSV file. The file needs to contain a single column with all product codes you wish to add to your set. Ensure the product codes are correct and match what is being sent to Episerver Personalization in the product feed. Once you have your file, you can drag and drop it into the "Upload a CSV file" area or click on the area to browse your computer and upload the file.
- Once you have finished adding products, click on "Save product set". This will take you back to the "Manage your product sets" screen. You product set is now available to use in Mail campaigns.
- Next, create a Mail campaign by clicking on Mail > New campaign or open an existing campaign that you want to edit from the Mail > Campaigns tab.
- Go to the Configuration tab of the Mail campaign.
- To add the exclusion rule to a product position, click on the Expression tab in a product.
- Add the following rule: Product set NOT equals to <name of the product set>. Each product position is configured individually so if you'd like to exclude products from more positions, you need to add the the rule separately to each. You can also use a different set in each position, if required.