Here are the steps to completely remove a previous search server configuration. This is helpful when you are attempting to register your CMS site with a replacement search server.
First make backups of the database and c:\windows\system32\siteconfiguration.xml
- Clear out the following tables in the CMS database.
- If this is the only site that you're registering with the Search Server, you can also remove the siteconfiguration.xml:
- Restart SharePoint Server Search 14 Windows service.
- Delete c:\windows\system32\siteconfiguration.xml.
- Restart the Ektron Search Server Service.
- Restart the Ektron Windows Service(on the CMS server).
- Delete the content source in Sharepoint.
- Register your new site and confirm that the correct information is listed on the leftmost drop down.