Below is an explanation of the conditions that will start an incremental or full crawl.
Reasons for crawls
- The polling interval has picked up a content change. The polling interval is a value chosen at site registration. This value decides how often Solr will check if a crawl needs to be done. If there have been no changes then no crawl occurs. A typical change that would require an incremental crawl at the interval would be a content addition or deletion.
- The following will automatically trigger a full crawl and disregard the polling interval.
- changes to alias settings
- changes to manual aliases
- changes to automatic alias rules
- changes to metadata definitions
- changes to user properties
- other folder level changes
If you are not seeing crawls automatically occur check the Ektron Windows Service logs (search for exception) and search the help center for your exception.